Dana Point is a popular spot in the well-known Orange County area of California that is known for its beauty and romance. Along with top-rated beaches and the harbor, there is an abundance of romantic things to do in Dana Point CA. While staying at Laguna Cliffs Marriot Resort & Spa, you’ll be close to the best beaches Dana Point has to offer, interesting and unique Dana Point Harbor activities, and so much more. Use our list to get started on planning your vacation today!
- Dana Point Harbor Activities: The serene and impeccably clean harbor is an excellent spot to visit year-round. From sunsets to seasonal events, it’s easy to see why people flock here, and it’s only a short, ten-minute walk from Laguna Cliffs.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching: Dana Point is an amazing spot for whale and dolphin watching. Whether you choose to go out on an excursion with one of the many companies in the area or sit at the harbor, enjoy a picnic and watch from the comfort of dry land, you’re sure to catch some great views of the local wildlife.
- Top Rated Restaurants and Shops: It would be impossible to list all of the great shops and restaurants located in the harbor, so head out yourself and pick your favorites.
- The Ocean Institute: Explore the local sea life and fauna and learn about the history of this maritime hub at this waterfront institute.
- Heading out from the Harbor: Whether you’re hoping to go deep sea fishing, diving, sailing, or for a relaxing cruise, you will not be disappointed with the options available here.
- Sunset Cruises: Relax on a sunset cruise around the most romantic spot on the Californian coast and cozy up to your partner while you enjoy light fare and tastings of wine from local vineyards.
- Catalina Island: Known for its golfing, horseback riding, and other outdoor activities, sail to this picturesque escape straight out of the harbor to enjoy a day trip you’ll remember for the rest of your life.